Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas from some travelers!

Let the good times roll! I'm going to say what everyone says in the beginning, I've never done a blog before! I'd be more stoked about this but I'm a lil exhausted. Right now I'm sitting in the San Francisco Airport with my two brothers. In a few hours I'll be leaving the country for the FIRST TIME EVER!!! FINALLY!!! Nothing against you USA, it's just about time I had a change of scenery. And yeah like I said, I'm pretty pooped. I should have slept on this last flight but I was sidetracked. I'm apologizing in advance in case I ramble on more than usual ;)

So yes, we are heading to Sydney, Australia! Here are my brothers, my traveling companions:

Here's another pic... choose your own caption... can you guess who's older?

We got massages at the Atlanta Airport's XpresSpa this morning (yes we are super cool that way) and a worker there thought I was the youngest. She guessed 21. I'll take it :) At least it wasn't in the teens like last time! I had to make a lil purchase for myself at the spa:

Couldn't help it! Now all three piggies have their own travel pillows!

I so wanted to get Becca a dolphin travel pillow but then I had an image of her dog Owen just tearing into it. I'll spare Becca from having to clean up a gazillion foam beads! Here's a pic of Owie and I sharing a moment lol!

After the massages we had to book it to our next flight. I was looking forward to it because it was another Delta flight which meant another Delta cookie!

Oh my goodness those have to be the best cookies EVER... I wonder if I can get them anywhere else...

And here is why I didn't sleep at all on this flight:
I love the mountains








This last one is my favorite:


Another reason I didn't sleep was because FX was doing a Night at the Museum movie marathon. I switched back and forth between that and Scrubs while Gavin watched Inglorious Bastards and Mackey slelpt. Good times!


Want to know what isn't good times? When we were checking our bags for our flight to Auckland Mackey pointed out that my bag had been damaged. I didn't get a picture beforehand but hopefully I'll see it INTACT overseas and get a picture then. The very kind lady at check-in taped it shut with orange tape. I have this strange feeling that it would make my dad proud to see this bag... Those of you who know my father well will understand this!

Mon papa, pretty wicked tennis player:

So anyhoo, I think this wraps up my first ever blog. Next stop Auckland, and then a hop skip and a jump to Sydney!


Smiles all around :)

7 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you have a blog so I can keep up with your fun travels while you're on the other side of the country.

    Can't wait to see the pictures in Australia, I hope you get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Tricia...YAY!!! I look forward to getting daily updates ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've started out with a bang! Keep it up! It is way cool you are doing this! I can't wait to read and see each and every adventure! It was good to see you last night. You were as pretty as ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it coming reads and looks beautiful so far Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Mumsie and Dad want to know where you are?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to know you made it safe and sound even if it took you 33 hours. I am sure it was worth the wait. Keep sending those nice pictures and are the squirrels bigger down under? Ha ha won't believe until the pictures confirm these sightings. You know me I just don't believe it till i see it. Have fun my Chica!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how this blog comes with pictures so we can see everything with you! Those mountains are so beautiful!!! I hope your piggy travel pillow is treating you well on the plane. I was waiting for my dad to pick me up from the airport last night when a fire truck drove by fast spraying muddy water all over my bags AND my pig pillow!!!! Now it looks like it rolled around in mud, I guess it's kind of cute. I'm still going to clean him later...........

    have fun in Australia!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete