Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Rain won't dampen our spirits!

Monday morning I woke to rain hitting the window. I had just finished my 13 hour nap and was ready to go! I knew we had bridge-climbing on the agenda and I couldn't wait! My friend Jill told me that it was something I had to do while I was in Sydney. Mackey actually didn't know anything about the Sydney Harbour Bridge. He'd only heard about the Opera House. That's where we'll be for New Year's Eve :) Unfortunately, Gavin wasn't feeling the greatest and decided that climbing a bridge in the rain probably wasn't the best idea. In case you're wondering why you don't see him in these next few pictures, well now you know!
Just before taking this photo:


Our climb leader: "So are you guys on your honeymoon?"


Mackey: "I certainly hope not!"
So yes, as well all know, BROTHER AND SISTER CONQUERED THE SYDNEY HARBOUR BRIDGE! It really was amazing (thanks Jill!) and I recommend it to anyone visiting Sydney! It's wild to be so far up... not too fond of heights but I did it! You're attached to the bridge at all times so really nothing can go wrong. At least I hope not! We definitely had a blast!

One funny thing about the bridge... underneath there's this park that is no longer public, fenced off and all... Well a few years ago some rabbits started living there (no one knows where they came from) and the rabbits did what rabbits do. Now there are tons of rabbits living in this old park! Even in the rain we saw a bunch of them as we walked overhead! Funny...


After the climb we were a bit hungry, so yes, I had my first taste of mashed potatoes from Down Under :) Oh my goodness gracious SO YUMMY!
From food it was on to the Aquarium! Man was this aquarium crowded! I did manage to get some pretty good shots though :) There are times when I'm really proud of my old camera. Today marked one of those times! Hope you enjoy a few of my marine life pics! I won't post them all, but here are some good ones:
Shake your tailfeather!!!
This guy was just ruler of the world or something... no tailfeather shaking there!
A "I'm proud of my camera" moment:
Another one:
This guy was just having a blast! Look at that smile!
This guy was having a blast too! Look at that smile! hahah Hi Gavin :)
Reason why I don't like triathlons with ocean swims... Yes I'm silly... In the words of U2, "The right to be ridiculous is something I hold dear." Is Rhode Island 70.3 an ocean water swim? I can't remember...
And Gavin checking out the fishies one last time...

Next up on the menu, a bus tour of Sydney! That may sound dull, but we'll also be stopping at the beaches... major YAY :) I can tell that I'm getting tired right now, my writing is slipping, ideas of funny things to say are leaving my mind... OH I JUST REMEMBERED ONE THING! So they drive on the other side of the road than we're used to right? Well while we were on the bridge I noticed a 50meter outdoor pool (I have a love/hate relationship with those pools) and even in the rain there were people swimming. Not only that, these people were swimming opposite of what I'm used to! So not only would I crash on the roads if I drove here, I'd also crash in the pool... Just thought I'd share that interesting tidbit with you!

Smiles all around :)

3 comments:

  1. I just LOVE the pictures of you and Mackey up on the bridge!!! I can't believe how high up you were! I really don't think I could have done that! That was a great story about the leader asking if you were on your honeymoon! HAHAHA!! It's too bad Gavin wasn't feeling well but it was good to see he made it to the aquarium. You've gotten some great photos! Thank you so much for doing this blog! It's FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you're enjoying it!! I'm having a blast writing :) I have over 200 pictures from the past two days... ew... hahah! I don't think I'm going to be able to update the blog until we leave Sydney on Friday. Internet is really expensive in this new hotel and here in the lobby I can get online only for 20 minutes at a time for free. So yeah, I'll wait until we head up north :) But I'll let you know when it's updated again!!! Luv you Auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I have to wait until Friday! BOOOO! They really do nail you on those internet charges - so you are doing the right thing by waiting. I just think this is GREAT! Keep on having fun! LuvU2

    ReplyDelete